The SWHRMA Mentorship Program builds professional relationships between SWHRMA chapter members who want to grow in their HR profession, whether emerging professionals or established professionals, with some acting as mentors and others as mentees. The Mentorship Program offers a structured process to develop beneficial one-on-one relationships. Acting as a friend, a teacher, an advisor, and a guide to the real world, mentors have the opportunity to encourage and advise mentees by sharing their own experiences and knowledge of the HR profession.
Benefits of a Mentor Program
The SWHRMA Mentorship Program provides opportunities for mentees to...
- Explore the world of work through interaction with professionals in the HR career of their choice.
- Gain an experienced HR practitioner's perspective on applying HR concepts to real-life situations.
- Familiarize themselves with corporate protocol.
- Identify long-term professional development needs.
- Realize the value of networking.
- Develop a meaningful professional relationship over a specified period of time
The SWHRMA mentorship program benefits mentors by allowing them to....
- Contribute to the professional development of the future HR workforce.
- Identify potential new hires for their organization.
- Assist mentees in beginning and advancing their successful HR careers.
- Give something back to the profession.
- Keep abreast of the needs, qualifications and aspirations of those entering the profession.
If you would like to become a Mentor or a Mentee, please complete the appropriate profile below. You will be contacted by one of our Mentorship Volunteers.